22 November 2018
Bryggeriudstyr Aps has been working now for some time on finding a solid and reliable supplier of bottling equipment. According to the latest newsletter from Bryggeriudstyr Aps, they have now finally found what they were looking for: An honest supplier with solid, high-quality machines – and a keen understanding of good service.
Bryggeriudstyr Aps says:
We believe so strongly in this supplier that we are offering three months free returns on all filling machines delivered to Denmark.
This means we guarantee that your filling machine will rinse, fill and bottle exactly as it should up to three months after the filling machine is delivered to your brewery. The only cost that you risk having to pay yourself if you choose to reject the machine will be the working time you put in and fees for installation and set-up of the machine. You do not need to provide any justification for your decision to return the machine:
if you are not satisfied within three months, we will simply buy back the machine with a smile.
Now let us tell you why we are willing to offer such a great guarantee:
- We made a visit to China back in April and checked out the supplier’s machines for ourselves. We reviewed their documentation and heard all about their service programme – and we enjoyed some excellent craft brews in their own small independent brewery.
- Since then, we have worked in collaboration with the supplier to review their machine program and replace virtually all of the electronic components (such as pumps, frequency converters, motors, gears and much more) with alternatives developed by Western European manufacturers like ABB, Siemens, Danfoss and SEW.
This is not because Western European brands are necessarily better than products from Asia, but rather it was to ensure that the components can be serviced and replaced quickly and easily in our corner of the world – preferably by a local metalworker, electrician or electrical mechanic.
We also adopted the same strategy with regards to movable parts such as belts. For parts which cannot easily be replaced by Western components, we provide a solid range of spare parts alongside the machine.
- We are also working actively to spread know-how among Danish service technicians so that you won’t end up being dependent on us or our supplier in China.
- Before we deliver a machine to you, we send your bottles, capsules or cans to China so that the machine can be calibrated to fit your set-up.
- Once the machine is ready for dispatch from the factory, we check over it ourselves and make sure that everything is in order before the consignment is sent to Denmark.
All filling machines and related equipment such as pasteurisers, labelling machines, date markers, conveyor belts, packing tables, etc. are all tailored to meet your specific needs.
A bottling machine with a capacity of 500 half-litre bottles per hour with six rinsing heads, six filling heads and a bottling head can be acquired for less than DKK 300,000.
A machine with a capacity of 1,000 half-litre bottles per hour with 14 rinsing heads, 12 filling heads and four bottling heads can be acquired for around DKK 500,000.
A filling machine for cans with a capacity of around 1,500 cans per hour would cost you around DKK 500,000. It has 12 filling heads and one sealing head.
A tunnel pasteuriser with a capacity of between 1,500 and 2,000 bottles per hour costs less than DKK 400,000.
As part of our search, we were also looking for smaller hand-filling facilities of a suitable quality produced in China, but we had no luck on this front. If you have a smaller budget and plenty of manpower, then our best option for you would be a hand-filler produced in Germany.
The production and delivery time for a filling machine is around six months.
PS: We expect to have the first Chinese filling machines up and running in Denmark over the course of 2019 – several of our customers have already expressed an interest in being among the first!
Our requirements for filling machines from Bryggeriudstyr ApS:
- The filling machines that we deliver are designed for daily use and continuous operation.
- If there are any breakdowns or problems, a local technician needs to be able to service and repair the machine so that it can get up and running again as quickly as possible.
- There is documentation in English.
- We can provide advice and guidance on the use, maintenance and repair of the machine in collaboration with our supplier – now and for many years into the future.
- The equipment is CE approved.