12 june 2018
The congress will be held at the Flanders Meeting & Convention Center Antwerp (FMCCA), an ideally situated congress centre near the main station and the zoo in downtown Antwerp. The EBC congress has been to Belgium twice: 1963 and 1995 (both in Brussels).
The call for papers (submission of abstracts) is open from 25 May until 30 September 2018. Abstract Categories: Technical and scientific topics for both oral and poster presentations:
- Analysis and methodology (raw materials, product, research)
- Barley breeding and agronomy
- Beer quality – colloidal
- Beer quality – foam
- Beer quality – sensory
- Beer, society, health and nutrition
- Brewing and malting co-products
- Consumer studies
- End of beer processing, including auxiliary and process aids
- Environmental issues and sustainability
- Hop breeding, agronomy and processing
- Malting: malt production and quality
- Management issues
- New packaging development
- New process development
- New product development
- Novel raw materials for beer production
- Wort production
- Yeast and fermentation
The European Brewery Convention (EBC) has played its part in developing methods for modern quality control procedures in brewing, malting and hop laboratories throughout the world. All technical aspects of beer brewing knowledge and scientific research in brewing science have been corner stones of the activities of the EBC.
- Commitment to knowledge creation and exchange in the fields of brewing, malting and fermentation science.
- Dissemination of brewing knowledge and research via EBC events such as the biennial EBC congresses and symposia.
- To maintain the output of the Analysis Committee for new and revised laboratory methods.
- To support individual technical projects involving the brewing sector at EU level.
- To maintain a European and global network of brewers, brewing technologists and brewing scientists and fostering cordial relationships with the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC), the Master Brewers Association of the Americas (MBAA), the Brewery Convention of Japan (BCOJ) and the Institute of Brewing and Distilling (IBD).